Music for Little Mozarts Classroom Course (MLMC) is a music appreciation program for ages 3.5 to 5 years. It is a comprehensive approach to music learning that develops singing, movement and listening skills with an introduction to musical styles and concepts. Students have an excellent sense of pitching and rhythm at the end of the program along with a basic introduction to the piano that enables them to make a seamless transition into piano playing.
- Musical concepts like high and low sounds, tempo of music, rhythm patterns, types of notes, building of music patterns, solfege, the basics of reading music, dance styles and history of music are introduced over a period of 36 lessons.
- These concepts are introduced using various characters like Beethoven Bear and Mozart Mouse and help in understanding their importance in western music.
- All classes involve multiple activities like singing, dancing, drawing.
- Various instruments like rhythm sticks, xylophones, tambourines, triangles and hand drums are played by the students so that they learn about concepts in a practical environment.
- Students are required to perform regularly for parents and friends through recital day and the Theme Annual Concerts.
- Regular feedback is given to parents through Parent Notes and Homework. Parents are encouraged to sit in class as much as possible to help their children and understand the concepts they learn as well.
- 3.5 years to 5 years
- 36 lessons divided into three modules
- Group method with upto 8 Students per class
- Duration: 1 hour, once a week
- Class Timings: 3 pm to 7 pm on weekdays. 11 am to 7 pm on Saturdays, 11 am to 3 pm on Sunday (subject to slot availability)
Course Details Assessments are held at the end of each Semester to test your child’s progress, while the Classroom recitals give your child early exposure to performances.
(Please contact your nearest Theme branch for availability of this program.)