8-in/8-out MIDI interface, patchbay, and merger with time code sync
Built with MOTU’s award-winning MIDI interface technology, the MIDI Express XT is a professional MIDI interface and SMPTE synchronizer that provides plug-and-play connectivity to any USB-equipped Mac or Windows computer.
The Express XT provides 8 MIDI IN, 9 MIDI OUT, 128 MIDI channels and compatibility with all Mac and Windows software. Sixteen convenient, one-touch presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable) give you instant front-panel access to multiple operational configurations.
The included ClockWorks™ console software for Mac OS X and Windows provides comprehensive MIDI routing, merging and muting.
As a professional-grade SMPTE time code synchronizer, the Express XT converts and stripes SMPTE in all frame formats (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop and non-drop, and 30). SMPTE “jam sync” with adjustable freewheeling provides glitch-free sync.
The Express XT also supports MIDI Machine Control (MMC), with the ability to serve as either an MMC master or slave. The Express XT can distribute MMC transport commands to all other connected MMC devices.
Connect a foot switch to the convenient front-panel pedal input and then program it to generate MIDI data when pressed. Send the data to any connected devices. For example, you could send MIDI patch changes to synths and sound modules during live performance.
The MIDI Express XT takes full advantage of USB, giving you high-speed MIDI throughput, sub-millisecond timing accuracy, support for “hot-swapping” and plug-and-play expansion. Need to connect another sound module or synth? No problem. Just add another MOTU USB MIDI interface via any available USB port. And the Express XT’s internal international power supply delivers reliable performance and professional operation.
No other MIDI interface offers this much value and performance at such an affordable price.
- Custom-designed VLSI technology
- Front panel buttons and LED’s for choosing presets (8 factory, 8 user)
- Front panel SMPTE stripe button
- Front panel SMPTE lock and tach LED’s
- Status lights for MIDI IN/OUT and computers
- Front panel MIDI IN and OUT ports
- Panic button
- 17 MIDI connectors
- 2 SMPTE quarter-inch phone (line level)
- 1 pedal quarter-inch phone input
- 1 IEC power connector (switchable 115V – 220V)
- Includes: Software console for Macintosh and Windows, power cord, USB cable
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears: 19 × 7 × 1.75 inches (48.26 × 17.78 × 4.45 cm). With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.