This edition of Op. 14 No. 1 comes from the complete three-volume edition of Beethoven’s 35 piano sonatas published by ABRSM.
Edited by Professor Barry Cooper, renowned Beethoven specialist, this is the most comprehensive study of these extraordinary works yet undertaken.
- Critical edition for today’s performers, teachers and scholars.
- Faithful to the original notation, correcting long-standing errors found in other editions.
- Presents new and important research.
- Introduction covering editorial method.
- Commentary to the sonata (as a separate insert), including history, full assessment of the sources and detailed notes on interpretation.